Tuesday, May 17, 2005

on the bench

For the past 3 months I've been working in Northampton. To anyone from Crawley who thinks that they live in a bad place, I suggest they spend some time in this armpit in the East Midlands.

But now I'm back. And now I've recovered from the Election, I'm ready for a period of what my employer calls 'the bench'. Which means waiting for them to find me work to do. Last time I did this was in January, so it's better now that there's a chance of sun. My gf wants me to do stuff in the garden though. Including building a bench.

Maybe I'll think about that.

Anyway, I watched the last game of the season on Sunday, when Fulham cruelly beat Norwich 6-0 to send them down. I didn't really want any of the bottom four to be relegated, but sadly only West Brom could survive. Our win propelled us into a closing position of 13th, above Newcastle Utd, which is far better than it looked like being a few weeks ago.

1 comment:

Admin said...

I'm still seething that West Brom stayed up with 34 points, when we got relegated with 44 points 2 years ago!!

Since you don't have to travel up to Northampton (home of The Departure) any more, do you fancy going to see Spizzenergi at the 100 club on the 29th? I can get a couple of comps if you are interested. You could even drag teh Mrs along.