Actually, you don't put 'X's in boxes anyway, you put numbers of preference.
My votes were:
- 1 Jon Cruddas - naturally, I think he is the best of the candidates, and with a true vision of how to fulfil the role.
- 2 Peter Hain - Like Cruddas he has some interesting ideas on how to reconnect with the party, but there is something about him that I just can't put my finger on.
- 3 Harriet Harman - A last minute promotion to 3rd, after some good performances in the hustings that I've seen. I don't follow the logic that the post has to be filled by a woman, bt I think she is capable in her own right. I nearly put her above Hain.
- 4 Hilary Benn - If this was a vote for who to be in the Cabinet, he'd be my no. 1, but if anything the post of Deputy Leader would be a distraction. Given him the Foreign Office, Mr Brown.
- 5 Alan Johnson - reminds me too much of Prescott